Becoming a host family has many benefits and not all of them are financial. By hosting, you are committing to provide a comfortable safe living environment for a member of the Bodwell student body. Currently students range in age from 12 to 20 years old. As well as the student learning more about the Canadian way of life, we hope that you also will learn about your student's culture and personality.
To become a Host Family with Bodwell High School, you can start by downloading the application package below that contains the following documents:
1. Homestay Guidelines
2. Criminal Record Check Application
3. CRC Letter
4. Payment and Refund Policy
5. Host Family Homestay Application
Please read over everything carefully. Return your completed forms including the refund policy sheet in person, by mail or email. Keep copies for your own reference. You will also need to complete a criminal record check from the police station. There is a special letter about the vulnerable sector that you need to bring to the police station.
All applications are kept on file. When new homestay families are needed, applicants are contacted and a home visit is arranged. If the home is found suitable, it will be approved for student placement. When an appropriate student is matched to your family, the homestay coordinator will contact you and make the necessary arrangements.
Other important things to note include:
1. It is essential to have a good internet service as students like to communicate with their family and friends via email, Facebook, Skype etc.
2. Please note any other special features at your home such as a piano, pool, ensuite bathroom, etc.
3. If you are hosting students from other schools, please keep in mind that there must not be two students of the same language at a house and no more than 3 students total.