Dear parents and students,
Welcome to Bodwell High School!
After a summer away for many students, we are very excited about the new term with more than 100 new students from over 20 countries joining. We are so happy to see new and returning students in the hallways, classrooms, and boarding halls very soon. It is time to jump back into academic English development, rigorous learning, exploration of interests, and university preparation!
Our 30th Anniversary
This is a very special year at Bodwell. Our school is turning 30 years old!
Later in the semester, we will hold a memorable celebration with all students, to look back on 30 years of providing students in academic and personal development in a multicultural environment. Stay tuned for updates on our 30th year!
Our IB MYP (Years 3 & 4) Grades 8 & 9 – September 2021
This September we are also excited to welcome new and returning grade 8 and 9 students who will be a part of our first class of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program (IB MYP) here at Bodwell.
To ensure continued COVID management, BC has now announced the following:
- Masks must once again be worn in all public indoor
- Proof of vaccination must soon be shown for entry to venues providing non-essential services like restaurants, theatres etc.
Keeping our boarding population in mind, please take note some of the following campus safety steps, which (in addition to many more) will also be in effect for Bodwell High School for September:
- Masks will be required to be worn for students and staff in all spaces outside of boarding rooms/halls.
- Student and staff health will be carefully monitored by our nursing team, and anyone with symptoms sent for testing and isolated. Please note that thermal temperature scanning is in effect in our first-floor hallway.
- Indoor air quality will be regularly monitored via CO2 levels. High-quality MERV13 filtration and UV light filtration continues to be in use on campus.
- Emergency quarantine spaces will be used for students needing to isolate.
About Entering Canada
Important information from the Government of Canada
You must have a suitable quarantine plan where you can stay for at least 14 days. This is required even if you are seeking the fully vaccinated exemption. Final determination is made by a government representative at the border based on the information presented at the time of entry into Canada. You must therefore be prepared to quarantine for 14 days, in case you:
- are symptomatic
- don’t meet the requirements
If your arrival test is negative:
- follow local public health measures
- maintain a list of all close contacts for your first 14 days in Canada
- keep copies of your proof of vaccination for 14 days.
Please see Bodwell Calendar on the website for further updates
Finally, on September 30, along with schools across the province of British Columbia, Bodwell will mark the first-ever Truth & Reconciliation Day (also called Orange Shirt Day), to help students understand Canada’s colonial past, including the legacy of residential schools, and the long-lasting impacts on indigenous peoples
|September 1-3||New Student Orientation|
|September 7||Fall Semester classes begin|
|September 30||Truth & Reconciliation Day|
|October 2||First day of Saturday Enrichment|
|October 11||Thanksgiving Day (no classes)|
|October 22||Professional Development Day (no classes)|
|November 2-4||Midterm Exams|
|November 11||Remembrance Day (no classes)|
|December 17|| Bodwell’s 30th Anniversary Assembly
Last day of classes before Winter Break
(no departures before this without Principal’s approval)
|December 18 to January 3||WINTER BREAK|
|January 4||Classes resume|
|February 1-3||Final Exams (no departures before this date)|
|February 4-8||Semester Break|
|February 9||Spring 2022 Semester begins|
Please refer to Bodwell Website for further updates and news about Bodwell’s 30th Anniversary Year!